Below are the 10 most recent journal entries recorded in the "Kristina" journal:
[<< Previous 10 entries]
I'm going to Chicago to see Conan in less than 2 weeks! I can't believe it I actually got the 2nd confirmation email that I have 2 tickets waiting for me. I just need to get there early so I can get them. The tickets aren't guaranteed and it's on a first come basis.
Well, I guess I have no choice but to have my ipod mini replaced with a new one. The static is really annoying and my warranty expires on February 5th. I know I might have some songs I'll lose but I'll deal with it. I just know that if my new ipod mini makes static like the first one did, I'm NOT gettign that one replaces I'm getting a regular ipod or the Zen mp3 player. Apparently a lot of people with ipod minis have had the same problem on their ipod minis.
Yeah, if anyone plans on getting an ipod MINI anytime soon--- DON'T. Just get the regular ipod.
No plans tonight for NYE, as usual. Well, I'm going to the pettit with my mom to just walk on the track. It'll be nice to get some exercise for once!
I just watched the Garden State DVD last night and I loved it! What a great movie. I also saw Spanglish the other day and that was good, too.
Of course, those 2 combined aren't even as good as Napoleon Dynamite!
Current Mood: calm
maybe I should update...|
Well, I survived one semester away at college. I'm not going back to CUW next semester. Living at college just wasn't for me. For some reason at college the people still acted like high school kids. Or at least they did at my school. I've always been more mature for someone my age. Well, girls randomly yelling and screaming in the dorm halls during the day isn't exactly mature to me! So, now I'm living at home and going back to MATC next semester.
I had an on campus just this semester for a few months, which was nice. Got me some money. But now I unofficially quick my job at home after 2 years. I'm looking for another job now, obviously, but I know I won't find one until at least January! I hate not having any money now but it's also nice to be free of school work and studying lately. Just being lazy and doing nothing is always nice!
I got my Napoleon Dynamite DVD today! Stupid Amazon sent it too late and it came the day after, so I had to rent it yesterday. A Flippin' Sweet movie!
Current Mood: indescribable
Just for fun|
100 random facts about me!
1. I have met Hanson
2. One of my favorite colors is orange
3. I have a website
4. My favorite movie is Napoleon Dynanite (at the moment, at least)
5. I've lived in the same city my whole life
6. I'm currently not working
7. But I am going to college
8. I still don't know what I want to do for a career
9. I'll be 21 on October 7th
10. I love my cat
11. I have an ipod
12. I've always wished I had a sister
13. I have one brother
14. My dorm room is the size of a closet (or seems like it)
15. I want to go to Las Vegas
16. I think the microwave is the best invention ever
17. I love sociology
18. I love bubble wrap
19. I can never miss an episode of Late Night with Conan O'Brien
20. I have a T-shirt with Ralph Wiggum on it and I love it!
21. Before I discovered Hanson, my main "obsession" was The Brady Bunch.
22. I'm really afraid of tornadoes, even though I've never actually been in one. Actually I'm just afraid of really high winds in general.
23. My house has 6 TV's in it, but we only use 4 of them.
24. I have an overbite.
25. I absolutely love looking at photographs. I always look at the photo albums in my house over and over again and I never get sick of it. Pictures are great.
26. I think mac and cheese is really disgusting.
27. When I was little I cut my finger on my mom's razorblade while taking a bath. Just decided to touch it with my finger for some stupid reason. I didn't need stitches but for years after that I was totally afraid of using any wet razor.
28. I'm almost 21 and never had a boyfriend.
29. I prefer taking bubble baths (with VERY hot water, probably too hot) over showers.
30. When I do take showers, it's always at night.
31. My high school graduating class had 120 kids.
32. I don't mind doing dishes. I think it's very relaxing and calming.
33. The only person I really cried over when they died was John Ritter, even though I never knew him, I thought he was a great actor and just was upset for days when he died. RIP John Ritter.
34. I really can't stand big cars. Especially Hummers and those Dodge Durangers.
35. I love to make little projects and things like collages. Anything with cutting things out and gluing them together on paper is awesome!
36. I took piano lessons for 5 years.
37. For years I thought I was 5'4" but just a few week ago I found out at a dr. appt I was over 5'5"!
38. I love it when guys wear baseball caps forward, but hate it when they wear them backwards.
39. I think Chicago is a really cool city and I wish I could go their more often.
40. I really really bad at making decisions! It can be as miniscule as picking a favorite Hanson song or as big as not knowing what I want to do for a career! If I need to decide on something, it takes FOREVER and sometimes I don't decide at all.
41. I totally love magazines. I'm always reading magazines and buying them at the store. My dad working for a company that prints magazines for our house is filled with them. I prefer reading a magazine over a book.
42. I love golden retrievers.
43. I love campfires.
44. I can't get a good tan for the life of me. Even a self tanner won't make me tan. I guess I was just born to be really white.
45. I think Michael Ian Black is absolutely hilarious.
46. I have this strange obsession with looking at the obituaries everyday in the newspaper. I just want to see if anyone I know (or know of) has died.
47. While in high school, I only bought my lunch from the cafeteria a total of 2 times. All the other times I always brought my own lunch. I was like the only one in the whole school that did that.
48. I hate kickball.
49. I suck at just about every sport out there, except volleyball and tennis. I like volleyball.
50. I very rarely go to movies in the theatres, but am always getting watching movies at my house.
51. I love Jamiroqaui.
52. I go through these little phases of liking certain things that last like 6 months. It could be a TV show, a movie, a certain celebrity. Like Even Stevens, Leave it to Beaver, Moose/Lodge decor, etc. The only thing I've liked that was never a phase was Hanson. Unless you could say a phase would last 7 years.
53. Up until I was 17, I never wore glasses. When I found out I needed them I thought I was too and most people get classes when they're younger.
54. I can never go outside in the sun without wearing sunglasses. My eyes get very sensitive and if I'm in sun for a long period of time I get a headache.
55. I'm very very shy, but there's certain situations and people I'm around where I can be a lot more outgoing. (No, I don't mean when I'm drunk, which I never have been)
56. I really don't like talking on the phone very much.
57. I have a weird obsession with chamomile tea. It's the best.
58. I hate coffee.
59. I don't drink nearly enough water.
60. And if I do start drinking a lot of water, I have to pee all the time.
61. I hardly ever go anywhere, especially at night.
62. I go online a lot.
63. I don't go outside enough. The only time I really go outside to BE outside is when I'm on vacation.
64. I'm a Christian.
65. My college is right on Lake Michigan.
66. I've always lived in 2 story houses and one apartment and wished I lived in a ranch house.
67. I never wear any jewelry, unless I'm going to some formal event and then I'll just put on a necklace.
68. I always save my change. When I get change at the store I put it in a jar when I get home and then don't spend it. I can get $40 to $50 a month just by saving all my change.
69. For as long as I can remember I've always slept on my stomach. From statistics that I've heard, most people don't sleep that way, but I'm always confortable in that position.
70. About 2 years ago my hairdresser told me about Aveda color conserve leave-in conditioner and now I can't live without it!
71. When I was in first grade I had a Barbie lunch box.
72. I also had a Barbie Van (not a life size one, for my Barbies)
73. And a Barbie pool (again, for the barbies)
74. When I was about a year old or maybe less my mom went and bought me my first Cabbage Patch Kid. She only bought it because the commercial said to buy one right away because they're never making them again. My mom fell for it and obviously the commercial was wrong. I think the doll was named Reyna Colletta (one of the my CP's was named that).
75. I never ever liked the New Kids on the Block.
76. I'm very close to my materal grandparents.
77. My paternal grandma died before I was even born.
78. When I was born I weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz.
79. My school is a 20 minute drive from my home, but I still live in the dorms.
80. I once went on a jet ski for the first time when I was 16 and absolutely loved it. I haven't done it since, but I'm dying to do it again.
81. I love the color black.
82. For Halloween once I was a Mouseketeer.
83. Unless I'm being chased, I never run.
84. I'm obsessed with go-gurt (yogurt in a portable tube). I always have to have a box available in the fridge and eat one every day.
85. I really love Christmas. Just the feeling of it being christmastime makes me happy.
86. I love snow.
87. When I watch the TV the channels I normally have on are TVLand, Nick and Nite, or ABC Family. I really love reruns.
88. Full House is one of my all time favorite TV shows.
89. I know how to French braid.
90. The old house I lived in was really small, but we lived on a corner and had a really big yard. My current house is much bigger, but a very small yard.
91. I'm good at reading maps.
92. My favorite kind of pie is banana cream.
93. In high school I was in the choir. For tours we went to Las Vegas, Arizona, and Tennessee.
94. The only sports teams I was ever on was volleyball in 5th and 6th grade.
95. I have a natural flip in my hair. Sometimes it can be annoying.
96. I have an alley behind my house.
97. 1997 was like the best year and the worst year of my life at the same time.
98. This is the year (1998) that I graduated from middle school.
99. I'm a night owl.
100. I really love random facts and statistics in general. I'm glad I'm done with this though.
I Love Michael Ian Black! He's so hilarious. That's all I have to say.
I'm not dead|
I haven't updated this thing in ages! Well, I'm keeping busy this summer. Working at my shitty job, volunteering, etc. Tomorrow I'm going to the DMV to take the test to get my learner's permit. I should make some effort to start driving before I go to school in the fall. One good thing about waiting to get your lisence when you're over 18 is when you have your temps there is no limit to how long you can use it before you get your real lisense. So, I could get my temps, drive for week, then go back to the DMV and say I'm ready to take my road test. Yeah, i'm sure I'll need more time than a week.
I saw Hanson twice in May (2 day in a row) and I'll see them again in August. Kate came down to see them with my in May, but she won't be able to in August, which sucks. I'm so excited, because after it'll probably be a long time before they tour again! I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out on August 9th!!! AAHHH! Not to excited for that. I'm going to be pretty busy in the next month. Going to the cottage, the UP, Hanson concert, wisdom teeth, then starting school. At least when I start school I won't be working at my stupid job anymore.
really really good random
|3 things you wear every day::||underwear, glasses, deodarant (not to mention clothesclothes |
|Have you ever thrown things at cars?:||no |
|What did you throw?:|| |
|Do you have a cell phone?:||no |
|Last 4 digits are..:|| |
|Boyfriend or friends?:||friends |
|Have you ever been hit on by an much older member of the opposite sex?:||no |
|would you ever propose to a guy?:||if I found the right one |
|Whats your favorite thing to do in the summer?:||go on vacaction |
|What would you do if a little kid came up to you,kicked you, and ran away?:||tell his parents or just ignore it, kids are like that |
|Do you keep things you do in your relationships secret or public?:||don't have a relationship |
|Are you ok with PDA?:||depends on where and how much |
|Do you like camping?:||one night is enough for me |
|Do you like Aretha Franklin?:||sure |
|Have you ever went streaking?:||no |
|Are you a people person?:||no |
|what is the funniest name you have ever heard?:||some victim of Jeffrerey Dahmer. It was this Asian kid, but I can't remember what it was. He killed the kid, but it's still a funny name. |
|Do you smoke?:||no |
|what is on the walls of your bedroom?:||just a few framed pictures and nothing else. I painted it last year and haven't put much back up. |
|have you ever played ddr?:||don't know what that is. |
|ever watch the O.C?:||no |
|Do you follow the show American Idol?:||sort of |
|Like the band Train?:||yeah |
|favorite song by them?:||that famous one- "Drops of Jupiter"?? |
|mom or dad?:||both |
|would you say you are modest?:||yes |
|like to share?:||yeah |
|how much makeup do you wear?:||hardly any |
|do you wash your face before you go to bed?:||yes |
|bite your nails?:||no |
|like to do provocative dance moves?:||no |
|ever wash your hair in another place other than the shower or bath tub?:||no |
|is the word love abused?:||sometimes |
|think pickup lines are dumb and no one used them in real life?:||no |
|how many siblings do you have?:||1 |
|how often do you brush your teeth?:||twice a day (or once if I'm lazy) |
|what do you want to be when you grow up?:||I'm 20 and I still don't know. |
|Ever go out dancing?:||no |
|Can you say no to people?:||yeah, but I have trouble sometimes. I'm too nice. |
|ever sneak out?:||no |
|embarrasing moment?:||yeah |
|i love you..:||whatever |
|do you like rap:||not really |
|do you paint your nails often?:||no |
brought to you by BZOINK!
Hanson concert was GREAT!!|
I'm finally going to write about the Hanson concert. Gosh, it was the best concert I've been to of there ever, if not so far!! Our train left Milwaukee at 3:00 on Tuesday. Before the train left we were sitting in the train station waiting for them to start letting people on the train. Suddenly I hear my name being called on the PA!! Apparently I had left my ticket up by the counter where we bought the tickets. While I was filling out my ID tag for my luggage I just left it there. My mom and Kate were laughing at me. i'm such an airhead! Our train arrived in Chicago around 4:30 then we took a cab (the driver was from Nigeria and he was driving like a maniac!) over to the HOB hotel. It's RIGHT next to the HOB, so that was nice. After we checked into our room at 5:30 we went to get in line. It wasn't that bad, but Kate and I weren't wearing our coats because we knew we would be hot when we got inside. We survived though. Finally they let us in a little after 7 (it was supposed to be 6:30!) and we waited for like 45 minutes. First I went over to the merchandise table to buy a copy of Underneath:Acoustic. I bought it from [their siser] Jessica. She looks A LOT older! She's taller than I am. I asked if she was Jessica and she smiled and said yeah. I just said nice to meet you. So, the concert started and I had never been that close to them at a concert before! The show was totally worth it. My mom even said it was worth even MORE than 20 bucks!They sang a lot of good song and since they were filming it a few times they had to stop to get in tune. One time they were starting a song (can't remember which one) Isaac is like "Hold on! We're filming this and I'm totally not in tune!" and Tay's like "Damn, this shit!!" LOL!! They did a lot of talking and interacting with the audience. While one of them would be tuning the guitar the other one(s) would tell us to sing a song or whatever. One time most of the audience started singing Happy birthday to Ike. Then Zac says "And now the National Anthem!!" He's totally trying to get us all to sing. Plus it really fit for the night, since it was Veterans day. He was laughing because like no one knew the words. I did, just didn't sing it that much. A lot of the songs, Hanson made us sing along with the songs. The first one that we sang with them was "With You In Your Dreams". That's Kate's favorite hanson song, so she was excited. Well, Taylor was telling us to sing "Woah Oh" during that one part and the first time we were really weak doing it. Ike's like "Come on, guys! It's just Whoa Oh. It's not that hard!" Well, then we got the hang of it. Later they REALLY made us work with singing along to the songs. Well, actually it was clapping. During the Little Richard cover of "Rip it Up" they did Taylor tells our side to clap 2 times fast then stop and so on. then the other side had to do some other clapping beat- we all had to do this at the same time! No one had a clue what they were doing. I thought Hanson was supposed to be performing for us?!! It was funny though. (-: Zac did a solo of a song called "Tightrope". It was a very pretty song, but when Kate and I were listening to the lyrics we were justing looking at each other. strange lyrics! They did one encore song and then left. Kate and I left right away to avoid the rush and we went right up to our hotel room to get my camera. The batteries were low or dead in hers. Then came back down and walked around the HOB gift shop. I could here there songs again and I swear that they were playing more after to redo them for the DVD they were filming! Well, we had already heard the play the songs- oh, well- we can't do anything about it now. Kate and I were waiting around outside the hotel to see if they would come out. Well, the security guards said we had to go inside if we were staying at the hotel. I think if we're staying there we SHOULD be allowed to stand out side. Anyways, Kate and I didn't have supper yet so around 10:30 the 3 of us went to eat at the Bin 36 restaurant at the hotel. A little after 11:30 we were walking back to the elevators to go up to our rooms for the night. I still saw some fans waiting outside the door and I said I had to see what they were doing. We went backand forth in the elevator door deciding what to do. Finally we went over there and first my mom took a picture of Kate and I by this big gold Bhudda statue. I saw a guy standing outside with a nice big camera like he was ready to film them. I went outside to ask a fan if Hanson were coming out there and she said yes. I ran back in by the lobby and I told kate and my mom they were coming. We waited inside while the other fans waited outside the swinging doors. It was a very small crowd of fans. I'd say only 50 to 60 fans maybe less than that.
So, we were casually waiting there for less than a minute probably and then I see a guy coming out of the elevator and it's IKE!! I said: There's IKE!!! and we go outside by the rest of the fans. Taylor and Zac followed. I took a picture of Ike coming out and Tay and Zac.... basically just took picture after picture. I was closest to Zac. Tay was saying something like he could only sign a few or whatever. But Zac! He was SO polite and nice to all the fans. I couldn't even see where Ike went. I had my U:A cd ready for Zac to sign. Then Kate said "I don't have anything for them to sign!". So, my mom gave her the ticket stub (Kate didn't have a purse with her so my mom kept her ticket). You basically just had to hand it over to him and he signed it. Kate was first and then I was. Then I asked him if I could have a picture. The funny thing was he didn't say one word to me at all! He was like concentrating or something. I wish I would've said something to him- like asked him something. But there were a lot more outgoing fans than Kate and I. Anyway, after I asked him twice he just takes my camera from me (not saying anything) stands right next to me and puts the camera out to take the picture of us. I THINK he put his arm around me. I honestly can't remember or at least we stood next to each other. I just said thank you and he continued to sign more autographs. (-: (-: That was SO nice of him to take the picture for me. I totally thought that I had to hold the camera out to take the picture. I saw one fan having her picture taken with him and I'm pretty sure she took the picture. One thing I DID notice about Zac (besides being so good looking in person) is he is not very tall at all! Everyone seems to think he grew a lot, but actually he's probably only like 1 or 2 inches taller than me. He a lot shorter than Kate is. By now Taylor and Ike were getting into a car ( to go out to bars or whatever because I hurt that Taylor didn't get back to the hotel until 3 am!) and they were telling Zac to come, but he still kept flirting and talking with the fans. He went back inside by the elevators and was still
interacting with the fans. Now I was trying to get Kate to be in a picture with him, because he IS her favorite, but then he stopped and went on the elevator to go back up. It's weird because either he just came down to see the fans or at the last minute decided not to go out with Ike and Tay. Anyways, we went into the elevator
and were with 2 roadie dudes. I of course looked at the floor number that they pressed and it said 16. The very top floor. We were on 12. I totally wanted to go up to the 16th floor, but my mom said it was probably private and I shouldn't go stalking them. So, I went to bed in the morning I went down to the lobby around 7:45 to see if they were around again, but I assume they were still sleeping. Later around 9:15 there were 2 other fans sitting down there, too and one said they were all coming down like one by one. So, they were eventually going to come out of those elevators. Unfortanately, for us, we had to get to Union Station to catch our train by 10:20 so we had to leave before they came! )-: I knew Kate had a class to get back to at 1:30 though. Who knows, they could've came down like a lot later, but if we could stay later it would've been only FOUR of us with them!! Oh, I keep saying should've, could've, would've, but it's all in the past and I can't change it. I'm just happy I met Zac and got my picture with him. He was SO polite! Even after Ike and Tay left he stayed longer to talk with all the fans. The closest I got to Ike and Tay was like 4 feet away. It's Zac totally wanted all the attention from the fans and enjoyed it!! Well, I took pictures with a disposable digital camera and I still have some pictures left on it. I'm going back to Chicago on Saturday for the day so I'll use the rest of them then. It's a night I'll never forget!
Current Mood: happy
I can't wait until November 11th because that's the day I'm going to Chicago to see Hanson. I'm really anxious. I've never been to Chicago to see Hanson before. I've been to Chicago other times, but it was for other reason. Kate is coming, too, and we're spending the night at a hotel. If we didn't spend the night we'd be in a train or bus station in dt chicago at 1 am and who knows what freaks are around there. This is going to be so cool. kate found her old Hanson T-shirt from 1997 that she'll probably wear. I'll have to look for mine too. We'll look so stupid wearing old hanson shirts and everyone else will have new ones. Oh, well. We're taking the train down there. I saw the pics of the House of Blues on their website and the place is just beautiful! It'll be even more beautiful with Hanson there. (-:
Current Mood: ecstatic
[<< Previous 10 entries]